The Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals organize many activities and initiatives throughout the year for the group itself and also ones that serve to bring together the greater Grand Forks community as a whole. Take a look at our activities below and click on the links to see more information about it.
Enhancing the Community: What we do.
… this event is SURE to leave you feeling revived and ready for anything! Mark your calendars for May 10th, 2013. Learn more about how you can take part in this one-of-a-kind professional development opportunity.
Get your tickets HERE!
An introduction and exploration of art to the Grand Forks community… no matter what your level of art knowledge may be! This year the event will be held on April 26th! www.ypartsee.com
- What’s better than spending a day out on the course with fellow YPs? The 2013 date is set: June 20th at the Grand Forks Country Club! Tee off will be a NOON, and awards and refreshments will immediately follow. You can sign up as a free agen ($75 per person) or as a team of 4 ($300). We will golf all 18 holes this year. Sign up now!
- An award to honor regional employers who have created exceptional work place opportunities and environments for young adults to work and succeed. Past and present winners include Choice Financial and AE2S. Does your business or work place support area young professionals? If so, stay tuned for the next opportunity to apply!
- So many fun little “pocket parks” around the downtown area… time to use them! Throughout the summer, we will host different activities to promote the green space in a fun way! All events are free/open to the public! Check out the website for more information about Connect the Parks.
YP Summer Picnic- Grilling, fun, friends- Count us in!
YP Collaborative Learning Seminar- Through a partnership between UND, the Center for Community Engagement, and GGFYP, businesses in the Grand Forks area can take part in this seminar to learn “best practices” for a successful internship/co-op experience for both the employer and the student. Contact us for more information.
Annual Launch- YPs have a lot to celebrate and anticipate! This special night features music, delicious food, fantastic socialization, and a business meeting.
BeMobile’s IceMan Triathalon- Think you’re tough? Join us individually or as part of a team in this winter time adventure race consisting of biking, cross-country skiing, running… and of course sledding! Join our Facebook Group!
Enhancing the Community: What we’ve done.
- Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals has teamed up with Muddy Waters Clay Center and Global Friends Coalition to provide an evening of food, fun, and fundraising. www.soupinthestudio.com
- You’ve heard about this latest craze hitting other cities… and now it’s here! We’re all about bringing awareness and supporting our locally-owned businesses. Check out this coverage from Studio One. And do some research with Jordan’s blog post.
Connecting with Each Other
Annual Launch- YPs have a lot to celebrate and anticipate! This special night will feature music, delicious food, fantastic socialization, and a business meeting. DON’T MISS IT!
- President Robert Kelley – UND
- Dave Molmen – Altru Health System
- Hal Gershman – Happy Harry’s Bottle Shops
- Randy Newman – Alerus Financial
- Matt Winjum – Rhombus Guys
- Jody Hodgson – Ralph Englestad Arena
- Wayne Dietrich- EAPC Architects and Engineers
- Brian Johnson- Choice Financial Group
- Our newest YP event that has quickly grown in popularity; a great way to meet fellow YPers while learning about things happening in Grand Forks. It’s important to eat… and it’s important to stay informed… We do BOTH! Every 3rd Thursday from 12-1pm on the second floor of Rhombus Guys.